For the Love of Coffee: Influencers that are Shaping the Caffeine Game
If you're into coffee, here are the experts and influencers you should be following. We've got a bunch of go-to sites and social accounts that we love; here's just a few from our very long list of favourites, in no particular order, of course:
Based in Portland, Oregon, Sprudge is a global hub of coffee culture and original journalism. You'll find up to the minute industry news and reviews as well as coffee-focused podcasts and our favourite section, the Sprudge guide to coffee shops around the world.
With readers from roasters to retailers, Roast Magazine covers the art, science and business of coffee. It's the place for deep dives into the world's coffee-growing regions and the latest industry news.
If you fancy yourself as a bit coffee expert, we have consistently found Former World Barista Champion James Hoffmann always has info to enlighten you in his understated British style. He's a delight!
Vancouver Coffee Snob
As proclaimed by the author, Vancouver Coffee Snob presents "coffee reviews from someone who has no business reviewing coffee." Highly recommended for comprehensive info on coffee and local coffee shops.
Questions? Discussions? Then Home Barista is the site for you. Whatever your query, you'll find the answer on one of their many discussion forums.
Scott Rao has worked in the coffee industry around the world. He's a former café owner turned author and coffee industry consultant to roasters and baristas. He's always on the road, so appropriately, his handle is @Whereisscottrao.
Perfect Daily Grind
Perfect Daily Grind prides itself on being the go-to site for specialty coffee news. It delivers excellent content for professionals in the trade and home-baristas too.
Instagram Accounts You Need to Follow to Inspire Your Inner Barista
Instagram has over 142 million posts tagged #coffee, followed closely behind by #espresso, so if you need some latte art inspiration, with a side of perfect pour-overs, here are some of our fave accounts:
- @junichi_yamaguchi is a latte art world champion and café owner in Kyoto, Japan.
- @coffeestation_latteart - You'll see mind-blowing demonstrations of latte art posts from this Israeli coffee shop entrepreneur.
- @jimseven is the previously mentioned James Hoffmann's Insta account where he posts demonstration videos and coffee gear reviews.
Great Local Feeds
- @slothee.coffee is a gal who's seriously into coffee!
- @vancouvercoffeesnob has a finger on the pulse of just about every coffee shop in the city.
- @beachcombercoffee in Gibsons intersperses some impressive coffee snaps with beauty shots of the Sunshine Coast.
There are so many more, but this is a blog, not a novel! We would love to hear what your favourite accounts are. Drop us a note and follow us at:
You can also check out the Espressotec YouTube channel for buying guides, product demonstrations, maintenance tips and cleaning guides.