Baratza Vario W+ Coffee Grinder
- What's Included
Consistency is the foundation of a repeatable, high-quality coffee in the cafe or at home, and your grinder is an essential part of the recipe. The Baratza Vario W+ coffee grinder is the perfect ingredient with accurate, consistent doses to the tenth of a gram. Once you find your perfect formula, the Vario W+ can lock it down with three preset settings to ensure a repeat performance. The steel burrs have a broad range of grinds (230 - 1150 microns) with a narrow particle distribution to minimize fines. The macro and micro grind settings on the Vario W+ enable you to dial in the exact grind for the perfect espresso shot, pour-over or any other brew method. The powerful high torque motor effortlessly drives the burrs for cool, quiet grinding and long duty cycles. The Baratza Vario W+ is available in black or white and comes with a burr removal tool to make the grind chamber simple to access for easy cleanup.
- Burrs: The steel burrs of the Vario W+ are dedicated to grinding for all brew methods including espresso through manual brew and beyond. They have been designed to enhance the flavor in the cup with a broad range of grind range (230 microns to 1150 microns) and a narrow particle distribution (lack of fines), the hallmarks of the superiority with the Vario Series steel burrs.
- Digital Control Panel: The front-mounted control panel with LED display is easy and intuitive. Three programmable buttons allow the user to program in the desired weight (+/- 0.1). Simply press the START button and the Vario W+ automatically delivers precise dosing.
- Grind Adjustment: The Vario W+ offers macro and micro adjust for fine tuning with ease. The macro adjust moves from fine to coarse grinding in 10 distinct and repeatable settings. A secondary micro adjust arm further divides each of the 10 macro steps into 22 distinct settings. These steps enable you to dial in the exact grind for the perfect shot.
- Minimal Grind Residue: To maximize freshness, the Vario W+ minimizes the ground coffee left in the grinder.
- Brewing Methods: The Vario W+ is exceptional for espresso and manual brewing methods. When grinding for espresso it is recommended to keep coffee in the hopper; we do not recommend single-dosing for espresso though single-dosing is fine for all other brew methods with grind sizes above the espresso range!
- Motor: A powerful, high torque DC motor effortlessly drives the burrs. This motor turns slowly resulting in cool, quiet operation and permits long grinding duty-cycles. The circuitry is equipped with an automatically resetting, thermal cutoff switch.
- Hopper: The hopper holds approximately 300g of coffee. An innovative bean shutoff feature in the collar permits no-mess, no-fuss hopper removal for changing out beans. Bean “waste” (below the stopper) averages a surprisingly low 10g, once the hopper has been shut off (all weights are bean density dependent).
- Calibration: The Vario W+ is calibrated at the factory to ensure an accurate range of grind. If necessary, the Vario W+ burrs can be easily calibrated using the special calibration tool that comes with the grinder.
- Cleaning: The included burr removal tool makes it easy to access the grind chamber and tidy up under the hood.
This product is only available for shipping within Canada.
Manufacturer Baratza Manufactured in Taiwan User Manual User Manual Quick Start Manual Quick Start Width 13 cm Depth 18 cm Height 38 cm Weight 4.1 Kg Amperage 10 A Voltage 110V Motor Wattage 130 W Colour Black / White Programmable 3 time-based presets Burr Type Conical Burr Diameter 54 mm Burr Material Steel Burr Manufacturer Ditting Grinder Adjustment Stepped (220 steps) Doser Type Automatic dosing (3 presets available) Dose Amount N/A Grinding Speed 1.6g/sec 2.2g/sec Digital Display Yes Bean Hopper Capacity 230g No Load Motor Speed 1350 RPM Portafilter Holder No Sound Level Medium Warranty 1 Year Body Material Plastic Grounds Container Capacity 170g Shipping Restriction This product can only be delivered within Canada